Harrisburg Covered Bridge
This photograph was made on May 26, 2013 in Sevier County TN. The Harrisburg Bridge was built in 1875 and is 83 feet long. It crosses over the East Fork Little Pigeon River.
In the late 1800s, the Harrisburg community grew, and with its several mills, blacksmith shops, a school, a doctor, and a post office, prospered. However, in 1915 the county built a new road that bypassed Harrisburg and the community disappeared.
The Harrisburg Bridge has deteriorated and faced demolition many times since then but has been restored each time it was in need. The last restoration was completed in 2004.